Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Another Week Down!

Here is a bit of an update of what we found out at our doctor's appointment yesterday 1.12.12.  We were so happy to hear that I am holding steady at 2.5cm dilated and 75% effaced.  We have been most concerned about how effaced I am so we were happy that the bed rest was able to relieve some the pressure that my body was obviously feeling last week. 

Tomorrow is our official 35 week mark.  So grateful as this is a big milestone.  Doctors are very happy with how well I've done with my prescribed bed rest.  I will admit that I have taken each restriction that I have been given extremely seriously and have followed the rules from week to week almost to a 'T'.  At this point, I have been on bed rest about 5.5 weeks (outside of my attempts to go back to work last week which did not work out as planned as my body could not handle it).  For the first time my restrictions really started to get to me mentally this past week.  I've described it to some as feeling a little bit like I'm a prisoner in my own body.  I've been in a bit of a funk. In the past week I have felt more crampy on and off during the day and there have been a couple of times were I thought 'we might be getting close to the real deal'.  Because I've been feeling more activity happening in my body, I have not focused on getting into a routine each day.  Yes- even people on bed rest can have routines :)  LOL.   Having a simple daily routine has been my ticket to sanity for from week to week and getting away from that has not been good for me.  Today I am getting back into my routine which keeps me and my mind busy during the day as I lay on the couch so that should help a lot.

How have I been feeling this past week?:

-More crampy from time to time
-I can tell the baby's living quarters are getting tighter as it does more 'big rolls' instead of 'little kicks'.
-The baby also continues to have strong hiccups an average of 2-3 times per day.
-I've always thought this baby is a boy but it's been a girl in all my dreams this past week (but I'm still thinking boy).
-Because we are getting to that a point where we don't have to have as many concerns about prematurity issues I find myself getting so much more relaxed and excited to meet this little one.

Hitting 35 weeks has been the big goal the doctors have given me over the past 5 weeks so I am so happy to say that we have made it.  As of yesterday, they gave me a new goal of 37 weeks which is what they want me to focus on at this time.  Because my body progresses so fast when I don't stay in a resting state, they will continue to keep me on bed rest up until that point for sure.  It's uplifting to start to see more of a light at the end of the tunnel. 

A quick side note....One of the most fun parts of this past week for me was having one of my very best friends come to visit.  Many of you know her, Amanda Krumwiede.  While she was visiting we were able to get some maternity pictures taken.  I cannot begin to thank her for doing this as I really wanted some maternity photo's done but I didn't think it would be possible with my restrictions and my inability to travel until I deliver.  Amanda is not only willing to do house-call photo shoots for close friends and family, she will also do them for you too!  Take advantage of that because not all photographers are willing to do this.  It's so personal to have someone come to your home and photograph you where you and your family are most comfortable and relaxed.  I want to specifically do a shout all to all you pregnant mommies out there.  This is such a brief moment in our lives where we get to see the blessing of life growing within us.  Photograph it!  I know we tend to not feel like our 'normal' selves with our 'normal' bodies because we are gaining weight opposed to losing weight but that is the beauty of it.  I want to highly recommend Amanda's services and her business White Barn Picket Fence to all of you out there.  What a fun thing to share with your kids when they are older and awesome memories to take with you along the road of life.  Please check out her website and book an appointment at http://www.whitebarnpicketfence.com/.

As always, thank you for keeping us in your prayers.  We are so grateful for all of them!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a girl :) mostly due to her high heart rate. I can't wait to see your maternity photos! I love the idea of having some taken in our home...especially now that it's so cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had more people then normal guessing girl lately as well. Michael has always felt this baby is a girl and I've always felt it is a boy. Most people thought boy at first but I'm noticing some changing minds :). We can't wait to know for sure! And yes, we loved having our maternity photos taken at home. I'm excited to see how they turned out as we were able to get some cute ones in the nursery as well. Such a fun way for the baby to remember their first room! :) I will post them as soon as I get them.

    ReplyDelete